- To provide every learner of a second language with further opportunities for extending their knowledge and experience of the cultures of other people as well as opportunities for personal and intellectual development, further studies, pleasure and work in the English medium; and
- To enable every learner to prepare for the changing socio-economic demands resulting from advances in information technology; these demands include the interpretation, use and production of materials for pleasure, study and work in the English medium.
Senior Secondary Education
|The learning target of English Language is for learners to develop an ever-improving capability to use English:
and within these contexts, to develop and apply and ever-increasing understanding of how language is organized, used and learned.
- Reader-based approach: The PLPR/W and KIP programs are used to promote students’ reading skill, writing skill and phonic skill.
- Native-speaking English Teacher: To enhance the teaching of English Language and increase exposure of students to English, the Native-speaking English Teacher (NET) Scheme has been implemented.
- IT for learning: iPad, tablet computer and web-based platform are employed to facilitate students independent and interactive learning.
- Small group teaching: Students are grouped according to their learning level and special learning needs.
- Global horizon: Global-wide resources and cross-cultural activities are involved in teaching in order to open students’ horizon and increase their exposure to English.